Mini Sweet Potato Pies
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pure cane syrup
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Mini pastry shells, frozen
- Peel, slice, and boil sweet potatoes for 30 minutes until softened. If you have more time, you can also bake your sweet potatoes. (See note below)
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes then add in the remaining ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth (around 5 minutes) and place filling into frozen pie crusts.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
You can also bake your sweet potatoes instead of boiling them. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Using a fork, make a few holes on the top of the sweet potato. Place them on a baking sheet (paid link) and bake them for 1 hour. Allow to cool and peel back the skin.
- Calories: 484
- Fat: 20.6g
Find it online: https://dudethatcookz.com/mini-sweet-potato-pies/
Please note: the photo includes a few ground walnuts on top of the mini pies which isn't included in the recipe but can be added for flavor and texture!